[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] name 'Luise'

marmel marmel at pctcnet.net
Sat Nov 13 13:02:17 PST 2010

I've been extracting the 1700-1855 German church records of Blasheim,
northwestern Germany, for 4 years now, and the name "Luise" is spelled that
way up until the end of May 1853, when the church records start recording it
"Louise".  I believe "Luise" was likely pronounced "Louisa".  And in those
church books, the name Elizabeth is consistantly spelled "Elisabeth" so far.

Linda in Wisconsin

Blasheim: Windmoeller, Rowekamp, Kleinschmidt, Voss
Provinz Posen: Hedtke, Neumann, Schulz; Steinbach, Liebenau
Pommern: Hass, Voss
East Prussia: Gnoss
Volhynia: Steinbach, Liebenau, Gnoss