[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] "Lithuanian Germans" in Marijampole, Congress Poland (now Lithuania)

Bronwyn Klimach bronklimach at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:48:41 PDT 2011

Richard,
Re: "However, in a chart at the end of the book, based on a
counting of 1835, I can tally up only 2,012 Evangelicals in Suwalki
Province".
I cannot help wondering if this refers to the Evangelical parish of Suwalki?
>From Kneifel:
"Of the 3600 souls reported to be part of the Lutheran parish of Suwałki in
1867, 3000 were Polish and only 600 German, and church services were held in
Polish."
Bronwyn.