[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Admin Message: Allowing email to flow through efficiently

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 18 09:27:05 PDT 2011

In the past month or so, the mailing list has been receiving an increasing number of something called a "Challenge Response" from some of our subscribers.  These are blocked but I have to deal with each one of them manually.

"Challenge Response" is a spam filtering system that will block messages from our distribution network.  A message comes back to me asking me to take some form of action to allow messages to go through.  I do not have the time to deal with such messages.  All "Challenge Response" messages are deleted by me.

If you have any form of spam filtering in place, it is your responsibility to set it to allow messages to flow through unhindered by your system.  If you do not do so, you may find that you are not receiving some or all messages from our mailing list.

Note that in many cases you do not need a personal spam filter.  Many providers such as my Shaw provider filter spam before it ever gets distributed.  An occasional one slips through but if I got more than one or two a month I would think it was a lot (compared to dozens a week I used to get without it).

If you have any comments or questions, please contact me personally and do not respond through the mailing list.  However, I cannot offer any recommendations regarding spam filtering nor can I answer any specific technical questions about any particular systems you may have.

Jerry Frank
List Administrator