[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] diacritics

Kenneth Browne kbrowne01518 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 06:20:33 PST 2011

I don't know what the problem is about using diacritics. Two basic
tools will solve it whether you want to be able to insert characters
with diacritics or you want to be able to see the actual diacritics
that are in the email, web page, etc.

1.    Character Map has been an "accessory" in Windows for as long as
I can remember. You can use it to insert just about any character you
might need from acute accents to umlauts. Depending upon you system
use a command like Insert/Characters/Symbols and navigate to the group
you need.

b.    Character encoding: This might be a little harder but if your
computer isn't set to read the foreign characters you won't be able
to. In my email client (Thunderbird) under Options/Character Encoding
I can choose among a list of about 25-30 different character sets from
Arabic to Vietnamese...plus a couple of "Western".

Ken