[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] dombrowo

edpet at cox.net edpet at cox.net
Sun Sep 4 13:49:52 PDT 2011

Thanks Dave and Paul for the replies....As to my Grandfather's age, that is pretty well documented.  I know when he was born and the information on the census about his arrival in the U.S. puts him to be near eighteen years old when he arrived.  I know the census is the right one because it was the 1920 census and my mother and all her brothers and sisters were already included on it.  The Hamburg manifest was gleaned from Ancestry.com.  I have seen references to Emanuel Wolf in the St. Pete records and various registries at ahsgr, grhs, and sggee, but the ship manifest was the only place that had the corresponding birth year.  I have searched the LDS Volhynia birth records, page by page, for Lutsk and Shitomir to no avail..lots of Wolfs but no Emanuels born in 1873, so the village he came from may well have been somewhere else.  Perhaps near Warsaw, perhaps not.  Of course, the census records only show that he said he was born in Russia, so no clue there, and since family lore mentions that he had a sojourn in Canada and North Dakota before he came to Oklahoma I know only that his Declaration of Intent and other naturalization records are NOT in Washita County, Oklahoma.
Thank you again for the input

Ed