[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] :Re: PETRIKAU, POLAND RECORDS for German heritage families --

karlann at juno.com karlann at juno.com
Mon Sep 5 14:12:11 PDT 2011

Belchatow is not far from Petrikau. Isn't it considered part of the Petrikau oblast? I realize that the church records are separate for the Belchatow parish, but when looking for ancestors who came from "Petrikau," it is probably wise to look at records for adjoining areas. I found ancestors who claimed in Volynia that they were born ind "Petricau," but there were in the Belchatow Lutheran records.
Karla Walters