[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DNA at 23andMe

lradke at procognis.com lradke at procognis.com
Wed Sep 28 01:13:06 PDT 2011

I have tested 7 family members through 23 and me and think it is a
wonderful service.  My Volhynia relatives (husband, son and father-in-law)
have each had about 200 potential relatives identified - mostly suspected
to be 4th or 5th cousins.  Of these we have determined that two sisters
who matched dna, were in fact 4th cousins when we compared our paper
trails. In our case the prediction of 4th cousin was dead on.  I also
think the medical information about what conditions you are genetically at
risk for is very helpful.

One of my husband's dna "cousins" suggested this group to me after
learning of my husband's history.  I would personally love to see some
more of the people from this list test as it might help us unravel our
shared ancestry.

Best,

Lynda Radke

I am not familiar with 23andMe. Quite some years ago, my first cousin,