[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kybartai Area

Richard Boltz ricardo.tornillo.g at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 15:07:11 PDT 2012

  I am a a new suscriber to SGGEE.  My grandfather came to the USA from the
current border area of Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia and Kybartai, Lithuania.
His 2nd marriage was to a cousin (my grandmother).  Her parents were the US
contacts on the manifest sheets, so I assume that they were from the same
area.  Most of the records that I have seen on Ancestry and FamilySearch
list Russia as the place born.  Kibarten or Kibartin and Webalingen.  This
was in the 1891 - 1910 time period.  Am I in the correct interest group?  I
have tried to get some leads on the OW-Prussian site but need to use google
translator understand a bit.  I hope to determine what FamilySearch film(s)
to order for chuch records.