[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Scmidt ans Scheulze

Marlene Dopp skylane at canby.com
Tue Apr 24 17:02:21 PDT 2012

My 2nd grandfather Michael Schmidt emigrated from Brisen,  Czarnikau,
Posen, West Prussia to Volhynia in the mid 1800s.  He was a widow at the
time and  2 of his children went with him.  They were Gottlieb, born 17 Sep.
1842 and Enestine Wilhelmine,  born 19 Sep 1844.  Gottlieb married Christina
Goering in Rozyczcze  Parish in 1872.  Enestine married Carl Scheulze in
1866, also in Volhynia.  I have  a marriage record for  Enestine and Carl
although I have never found them on the MPD.  I would like to know if they
had children in Volhynia .  Gottlieb and his new family and father Michael
eventually went to Wisconsin in 1890.  The family legend is Michael was too
old (82) and the officials said he couldn't leave, but they supposedly
smuggled him out under a load of cabbage.  I have no way of proving that of
course, but I would like to know what happened to Ernestine and Carl.  Can
anyone help me with that issue?