[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Poland online records

Barry Krueger b.krueger2 at bigpond.com
Sat Apr 28 02:15:52 PDT 2012

Hello - I'm following these latest discussions with great interest. My
forebear Daniel Krüger died sometime before 1830, presumably in Trocken
Hauland (ie Pogorzele) where he was a farmer. Now of course there were no
Lutheran churches around the corner at that time. From memory the Lutheran
church in Sompolno was only established about 1840 and I'm guessing that
Babiak was too far away, so I'm imagining that family details would be
registered in the local Catholic church. So far this search (Lubstow
registers) has not been helpful. Yet I did see German names among the Polish
ones - including one Krüger family at Nykiel - but this isn't my family. Any
suggestions ???.... I have heard it said that in these early church books
that the number of baptisms to deaths is disproportionate - with the
suggestion that not all deaths were recorded???
But back to the point ... I welcome the availability of records ... but
would like to know where to find the ones for Daniel Krüger

Barry Krueger
Australia