[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia place name

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 30 21:20:41 PDT 2012

I think the place of birth is Hulize (compare the first letter to that in Hungary above).  A couple of possibilities for match come up in ShtetlSeeker but none of them are in former Russian territory (the record says it is in Russia).

Comparing to given names Zaherie and Danica on that page, I agree with the extractor that the place name is written as Dolbenow.  I cannot find anything similar to such a name in Ukraine so it might be an incorrectly written version of Zdolbanow but I cannot say for sure.

Jerry