[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dreher Kalber and Klaus

PnSWork at aol.com PnSWork at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 19:47:11 PST 2012

Hello Christopher,

    The Dreher and Kälber families are in my ancestors also,  and we have
traced them back to the 1500's in Germany.

    The Dreher family appears in Trichtingen, in Württemberg  in the late
1500's.  The earliest record that we have is that a man named  Jörg Dreher
(or Dreer), from Neu Ravensburg, married Catrina Meyer in  Trichtingen.  He
remained in Trichtingen with his new wife, and 200 years  later, his
descendant, named Marcus Dreher, emigrates to the area near  Inowroclaw in 1782.
Twenty years later, he moves again, to the village of  Bulkowo, Poland, where
he dies in 1831.  His descendants lived in the Plock  area until 1945, when
all Germans fled the advancing Russian Army.

    The Kälber (also Kelber) family comes from the village  of Öschelbronn,
near Pforzheim, also in Württemberg.  This family moved  from Öschelbronn
to Plock in 1803, traveling with a group of 90 people.   This was a
significant event, because it represented almost 10% of the village's  population at
the time.

    If you would like additional information about these  families, please
let me know.

    -Paul

In a message dated 1/11/2012 12:35:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,