[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ludwig Schlak

perry1121 at aol.com perry1121 at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 08:58:58 PDT 2012

You'll have to look at the record. The indexers often just use the index on the film for the parish. Secymin is the parish, like Lublin is the parish for that region. It is a great deal of work to look at every record and figure out the spellings for the names, dates and villages. At least this much is available to provide clues.

And don't take the information that Ludwig or his descendants provided as wholly accurate. I've seen too much information that changes along the years because people didn't carry documents with them; they relied on memory which can be tricky.

Sigrid