[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schmidt family

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu May 31 12:20:56 PDT 2012

Patricia,

I believe that Rastatt was a Catholic colony in Kherson province closer to the Black Sea.  You may want to explore the resources at http://www.grhs.org which serves that region.  I see from a quick look at that site that the Wormsbecker name is associated with being Catholic.  This is not a bad thing but it will complicate your search as those records are not as readily available as Lutheran ones.

The families associated with Poland and Volhynia may garner better responses from our mailing list.  I have some Manitoba resources at home that I will look up and respond further this evening.

Jerry