[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Infant Deaths

Jeanne Salido jsalido at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 20:05:07 PDT 2012

My mother (Mathilde Meier Walker) was born in Scheresowka in 1909 & brought to the USA when she was 1 yr. old.  Her mother (Amalie "Molly" Arndt Meier) always told her that if an infant could survive its 2nd summer, it would probably survive to adulthood.  Four of my mother's siblings died before their 2nd summers - small pox and yellow fever.  Another child survived until age 14 but then contracted small pox & died.  Five children out of 10 dying would be an unimaginable tragedy now, but then it was fairly normal.

Jeanne

	http://eclipse.sggee.org/mailman/listinfo/ger-poland-volhynia
	ger-poland-volhynia-request at eclipse.sggee.org

	ger-poland-volhynia-owner at eclipse.sggee.org

than "Re: Contents of Ger-Poland-Volhynia digest..."

Today's Topics:

A quote from Wikipedia:
"Improperly handled raw milk is responsible for nearly three times more
hospitalizations than any other food-borne disease outbreak, making it one of
the world's most dangerous food products"

. . .   Otto
         " The Zen moment..." wk. of January 01, 2012-
                "The World Is . . . what we make of it."

End of Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 112, Issue 21