[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Liverpool to Canada

Bronwyn Klimach bronklimach at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 12:59:06 PDT 2013

Usually the first leg of the indirect sailing from Hamburg is to somewhere
on the east coast of England (Hull, Grimsby...), followed by a train
journey across to (frequently) Liverpool to continue by sea.
It is worth remembering the notes here
http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1068
"...only the years 1877-1914 have been indexed so far. However, all of the
images for 1850-1934 are available. If you do not find your ancestor in a
search by name, try browsing the images by year. You may want to begin by
browsing the Handwritten Indexes, 1855-1934."
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Hamburg_Passenger_Lists
http://www.progenealogists.com/germany/articles/hambpl.htm
http://web.archive.org/web/20001214090000/http://www.genealogy.net/gene/misc/emig/ham_pass.html
Bron.