[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fiedlers from Polonka

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Thu Feb 7 10:54:22 PST 2013

Keith,

The SGGEE VKP database has a couple August Kretschmann / Wilhelmine Tonn
living at Mydsk in Zhitomir parish, Volhynia.  They had children Wilhelmine
1877, Johann 1880, Ludwig 1883.  Possibly this is your August with a first
wife.  Records are available only to 1885 so later events aren't shown.

There is a Pauline Fiedler birth in 1877 in Zhitomir parish, village not
listed, parents Johann Fiedler and ---- Janz (first name not listed).
Perhaps the record was difficult to read.  You say Pauline died in 1908, so
it is quite possible she was born on 30 May 1877 especially if she was a
second wife.  The microfilm number is 1895624, birth #74 in the 1878
section.

Hope this helps,

Dick Stein