[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] GERMANS FROM RUSSIAN POLAND ACCENTS

Christian Lucht christianlucht at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 11 08:52:24 PDT 2013

This is interesting Walter. Do you remember any stories your late uncle had
mentioned from his experiance during the Russian-Japanese War? I too have
ancestors who had to serve in this war but don´t know many details. One had
mentionet fighting with a bayonet.
I have only heard phrases since I´ve never met this generation in person
and the ones who did, did not pay attention enough to keep such memories
alive or even writing them down.
Back to the topic: Those who still have the opportunity to preserve the
eastern accents, please record them for the ones to follow us in searching
family history!
Christian