[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] County name changes

Krampetz at aol.com Krampetz at aol.com
Wed Sep 11 13:31:56 PDT 2013

A similar example I've run into:
   My mother said she Polish from Wilno,  Russia.    Long after her demise,
 I got
   into Genealogy and have found that Poland  was administered (or 'ruled')
by
    Russia (lot of history I didn't learn in school),  and Wilno 'County'
was split
    between Poland and Belarus.

   Polish archives couldn't find her, it was too vast a  territory.   I
finally learned
   her birth village in now gone, but was in  Belarus.
   Again trying, Polish archives now point me to  Belarus.  and Belarus has
yet to
    come to the modern era of communication.  A 'brick'  wall.

   Is this the sort of problem you consider in your  description?

Bob

In a message dated 09/11/13 01:17:19 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,