[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] east prussians from russia

Cheryl Alexander alexandersragtime at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 28 10:41:15 PST 2014

I'm just wondering if someone could help with my search for my family Nasgovitz. My gr. gr. grandfather Karl(Charles) was born in 1833 entered the us in 1891. He married Minnie Kostreva born 1877.  According to the book East Prussians From Russia, he was born in Germany and she in Russia. I have never found records with any villages or towns on them. There is a paragraph in the book which says "the beginning of the mission work in Schiemanen extends far back. In 1860 &1861, brothers Nasgovitz and Hein came as messangers of Jesus to Jaschonowitz and Schiemanen"  I believe that the Rummy congregation was the mother church and Ortelsburg was a mission church and then became a congregation. I'm not sure of the year, the first baptists came to Ortelsburg in 1869 to 1871. Thank you for any help, Cher Alexander