[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] question re Lutsk land appropriations list

George Shoning shoning at q.com
Fri May 23 16:43:48 PDT 2014

Craig,

"Goroshki" is Volodarsk-Volynskyi today, in the Ukrainian language - Володарськ-Волинський. It is located 45 Km northwest of Zhitomir or Zhytomyr (Ukrainian: Житомир).  It is the administrative center of the Volodarsk-Volynskyi Raion. If I remember correctly, Goroshki was officially called "Kutuzovo" (Кутузова) until 1924.

According to Mychailo Kostiuk in "Die deutschen Kolonien in Wohlynien" (page 232), Krassnobyrki (краснобырки) is located in Volost Shchuryn (Щурин).  I have not found Krassnobyrki on a map, but you can find Shchuryn on maps.google.com by doing a google search on "Shchuryn".
Kostiuk also shows Ossovez (Особець)as being in Volost Shchuryn (page 233).

Incidentally, Kostiuk also shows a "Gorshki" in Volost Shchuryn.  You should ensure for which location you are looking, "Goroshki" or "Gorshki".

I am interested in knowing the name that you associated with Goroshki.  I was born in Goroshki.

George Shoning