[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BYWKA

Uwe Kerntopf family at kerntopf.com
Wed Sep 6 16:42:59 PDT 2017

Hello Bob,

Am 07.09.2017 um 00:59 schrieb Bob Krampetz:
>> Rose & Frank,
>       I've been show ancestor names that were born in Bywka,  in the early
>       1700's to mid 1800's. So it may have disappeared some time ago.

no, I think it was just to small. I have it on one of my maps, it's from
1924.

When I began I had first same trouble finding the birthplace for my
grandfather. Łempiczyzna, county Lipno, Russia.

Finally after some time could locate this. It is not a village who we
would think about. An "area" with some farms around.
Still the same nowadays, visited it 2000, at that time houses seemed to
be same as 1945.

But back to your Bywka. It is located half way between Lubicz and
Dobrzejewice. I will send you a snapshot of the card from 1924 showing
this location.

Bye for now
Uwe
http://www.dobriner-land.de (still no time to develop this further)